Friday 22 March 2013

Card for Brenda's Blogsaversary

Good Afternoon,

It has been snowing very lightly most of the day but the only places where it has really laid are on the surrounding hills and I can see it blowing around there, but I have quite happily stayed indoors today and just watched.

On now to a card I have made for Brenda's Blogsaversary Challenge, Brenda challenges us to make anything you like based on your take on her blog.

Well I love all the Poppies on the blog but only have one Poppy image which I used for her Poppy Challenge a while ago, and I love all the scenes/landscape design cards that Brenda makes so I tried the following.  I put a couple of my cloud die cuts on the card and chalked over them in blue, chalked the bottom in green, then I used a Chocolate Baroque image and lightly coloured the sun.  By no means up to Brenda's standards but well out of my comfort zone.  I used Nestibilites, Marianne and Cheery Lynn dies, Martha Stewart punch, a ribbon, flowers from my stash and a sentiment.




7 comments:

  1. Same weather here Pat, I've just come back from Cambridge and you could feel it getting colder by the minute and the sky looks ready to tip more of the white stuff. Did someone say it was March and Spring ?

    On to your card and if you were outside your comfort zone, then nobody would ever know because it's stunning. The clouds worked beautifully they way you did them and the grasses with the moon behind look so elegant with an almost Oriental feel and the soft greens a prefect colour choice.

    Thanks you so much for making such a special card to join in my blog celebration and that you for your kind words which are so appreciated.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Pat. Your chalked background is perfect for the stamped image, the design and backing paper just fab.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a serene card, love the coloured background that you created with chalks
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do make the best cards Pat - always so well designed. We are kind of cool and dark here -- I have two sick goats - super busy kid - will get back to you when I can!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Pat and such lovely colours.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers on here are gorgeous Pat -- so exciting to be getting your blog in my mail box!!!! Beautifully done but that is no surprise to anyone!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love your scene and soft colouration. Your colour combo, design and floral detail are fabulous.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog, I love reading your comments, thank you so much.

Pat xx